We’re excited to announce the general availability of additional functionality related to source hostnames. Source hostnames are the hosts that you serve redirects on through EasyRedir. We’ve added a lot of fantastic new features that you’ve been requesting.
- You can make source URLs case insensitive so that uppercase and lowercase letters are treated as equivalent when matching an incoming request to a redirect configuration in EasyRedir
- You can ignore slashes at the end of source URL paths when matching incoming requests to your redirects in EasyRedir
- Configure how you’d like EasyRedir to respond when we can’t find a matching redirect configuration for an incoming request. You can choose whether you want us to return a 404 (the default), or you can respond with a 301 or 302 redirect to a target URL of your choice. On supported plans, you can configure a custom 404 page that is fully customized for your brand.
On select plans, we’ve also significantly increased your ability to configure security related HTTP headers on redirector responses.
New Security Features:
- Configure HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) headers such as a customizable max-age, includeSubDomains and preload
- Enable HTTPS upgrade so that any incoming HTTP (i.e. insecure) requests are first redirected to HTTPS (i.e. secured) versions on the same hostname before we continue handling the request further
- Prevent foreign content from being embedded on your hostnames by setting related HTTP headers such as X-Frame-Options, Content-Security-Policy and X-XSS-Protection
There's a lot more where that came from. Stay tuned for more features set to be launched within the coming weeks!